Our financial aid team is always happy to assist students and parents in navigating the financial aid application process.
We do our absolute best to get every student the financial assistance needed to make an education at Walnut Hill College possible. This assistance can come in the form of loans, grants, and scholarships, and our team works with each student to determine which options are right for them. In addition to federal and state financial aid programs, we accept other funding sources for tuition and fees, including:
- Veterans’ benefits
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Office of Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Employee tuition-assistance programs
Requirements and Programs
Basic Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen with a valid Social Security number
- Be accepted into an eligible, degree-granting program
- Have an acceptable high school diploma or GED
- Register for Selective Service (only males 18-25)
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress once accepted into chosen program
Financial Aid Programs*
- Federal PELL Grant
- Federal Academic Competitiveness Grant
- PHEAA State Grant and PHEAA Special Programs Grant
- Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
- Federal Parent Plus Loan
- Private/Alternative Loans
*Grants are not repaid and are generally awarded to students who demonstrate financial need. Student and parent loans are borrowed money that must be repaid to the lender with interest.
How to Apply
- Make an appointment with one of our financial aid representatives.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Our FAFSA school code is 015499.
- Pennsylvania residents applying for the PHEAA State Grant and PHEAA Special Programs Grant may log onto www.aessuccess.org or www.pheaa.org.
To speak with a financial aid representative, call (267) 295-2311.