Our Financial Aid Team is available and eager to assist students and parents in navigating the financial aid application process. Financial aid representatives may be contacted by telephone, e-mail, or by visiting the office on campus (see: Meet Your Representative).
|Financial Aid Office Location:
Hunter Hall, First Floor
Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
|The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College is pleased to provide this Net Price Calculator as a tool to assist students and parents with an early estimation of student aid to financially plan for college.|
Basic financial aid eligibility requirements:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen with a valid Social Security Number
- Be accepted into an eligible, degree granting program
- Have an acceptable high school diploma or a General Educational Development (GED)
- Register for Selective Service, for males only between the ages of 18 and 25
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress, once accepted into the program
Financial Aid Programs
- Federal PELL Grant
- Federal Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG)
- PHEAA State Grant and PHEAA Special Programs
- Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
- Federal Parent Plus Loan
- Private / Alternative Loans
Grants are not repaid and are generally awarded to students who demonstrate financial need. Student and Parent loans are borrowed money that must be repaid to the lender, with interest.
How to Apply
- Begin the financial aid application process by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by logging onto the FAFSA website at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Pennsylvania residents applying for the PHEAA State Grant and Special Programs may log onto www.aessuccess.org or www.pheaa.org.
- FAFSA school code for The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College: 015499
Students and parents are encouraged to contact the financial aid representatives for details on grant and loan programs, including additional requirements to apply. Upon completion of the financial aid application process, eligibility will be determined. Students accepted into their program of choice will be notified of their financial aid package via a financial aid award letter.
In addition to Federal and State administered financial aid programs, The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College accepts other funding sources for tuition and fees, such as:
- Veterans Benefits
- DVR – Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- OVR - Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Employee Tuition Assistance Programs
Students and parents should contact the appropriate organization or the financial aid office for details on the application process.